Monday, May 01, 2006

WHY DON'T MEN JUST CARRY PURSES!!

I know tomorrow I will probably wonder what in the world I thought I was doing at 1 a.m. in the morning, but right nowI thought it was a pretty good idea. As I was clomping through the house on my walker today, there was all of Jim's "pocket items" laying on the table. Now this is really not unusal but the red cat collar holding his wallet together caught my eye. You ask why was that on there? That seems like a valid question to me, since I said it outloud. His wallet is so full, and we are not talking full of good old American cash, but full of "stuff". The red collar has been taken off of the wallet and things reshifted since the comments came bursting out of my mouth. He apparently reshifted stuff before he went to work. Well, here I am with insomnia, and there is that wallet and all his pocket items just staring at me. You guessed it. I went to the kitchen, got my scale (I am on a diet, and btw, thanks Viv for the scale) and weighed his stuff. 2 pounds ladies and gentlemen, 2 pounds. And this is a light day I can tell you..I have seen his pockets bulging. Well, I decided to help him out tonight and rearranged and cleaned out his wallet. Apparently he is feeling lucky these days as he has a nice collection of Texas Lotto papers accumulating in there...cleaned those out, put them in the drawer, just in case we get the "call". Now Jim loves business cards, doesn't seem to matter whose they are, he appears to like them. I've never even heard of some of these people or places that are on them.I hope he doesn't mind that I only left mine in there for him to hand out. Now that brings me to the pictures...come on, our son Steve is 27 and his only picture of him in there is when he was 4. Come on, I know Steve had a picture made in the 8th grade. I am sure of it! He should keep up with this, afterall we only have 1 child. Now I know military personnel are suppose to carry their leave slips with them, but his leave was up in June 2005. I can now file that away with his used up calling cards from Iraq.
Well his wallet is looking pretty nice and organized at this point. His keys are a whole other subect(really, why do we need 2 miniature flashlights attached to it) as is his separate ID holder. My question is why don't men just carry a purse. I mean it would make things so much easier. For some reason when I am out and about with him he loves to hand me the things from his pocket to carry. Why? I don't want that stuff, I have 10 pounds of my own junk to carry around!!! I sure hope Jim likes how I organized his wallet today...I'll let you know.....

1 comment:

tosin said...

If my husband's name was Jim I would think he was living a double life... cause I'm pretty sure you just described him.
He could use a "man-purse" too.
(But don't tell him I said that!)

;)

~toemi~