Monday, May 08, 2006

HAVE I NO SHAME?

SHEESHHHH. I totally humiliated myself once again today...I have been rotating between 2 therapists (physical, not psycho, just fyi). Well, one decides she needs a vacation in the middle of my therapy, the other, not sure why he didn't come today, maybe he thought I was french. Anyway, had a fill in therapist and I knew this, I had fair warning..Why don't I learn. I get to where I have eased the therapist into seeing a tiny little stubble to needing to shave my legs. I've had to gradually work them & myself up to this. I had been comfortable with this,finally. No one seemed really grossed out or scared. Kind of like the comfort level you have to work up to once you get a husband.. You finally don't care if they see your hairy legs nor care if they think its time to bring the lawnmower out before you shave them..Well, what was I thinking..I mean i had knee surgery. Not only does he have to "see" the evidence, he has to touch my leg. Did i mention he is on the floor and brings my leg within to eye level? I couldn't wait for the 22 minutes to end..ughhh.....I think women therapist understand this better don't you? Women should have women, and men, men..If this ever happens to me again, I will only accept a female..There is time to redeem myself, however. He is visiting 2 more times this week, so I am sending Jim to the store for some Nair. What's worse is I think I've seen him before, and I think it was at church....ughhhhhh.....I don't even want to go there. This is the only time in my life I wish I were a different nationality--I wish I were french. They do not worry about these things like we have to. Never give it a second thought. The women literally don't care if hair grows on their legs, pits, or chin. I don't understand, why when most of us consider it a chore to shave our legs don't we embrace this part of their culture. Never mind, I know...forget it, I will have hairless legs come Wed., but not one hour before he gets here. I so feel my pain.................

No comments: