Wednesday, May 17, 2006

WHERE DOES IT REALLY COME FROM??

I was thinking it all began with a box of crayolas, playdoh and dirt. Yes, dirt!! I was sure of it!!!! I can still see and smell them (ahh, can't you smell them?) as if they were right here in the room with me...There is nothing like it, right? This has got to be the root of all that creativity that is boxed up within me!!!! I love creating things.

Creativity has taken me different routes throughout my life, from sewing,cooking (I certainly lost interest in that one quickly,haha), rock painting (remember that one?), decorating, crocheting, ceramic, decorative painting, building things(yes, I have power tools, just ask Jim,haha), scrapbooking and so much more.

I can remember as far back as age 3, playing in a chicken coop (yes, that is what I said, and I can't believe it myself, my allergies are stirred up just thinking about it,haha) pretending it was my playhouse. I would stay in there for hours (it was at my babysitter's house) and make mud pies. They were the most beautiful mud pies in the world. And I can even remember trying to get that mud to the right consistency so that when I turned the cake out, it would hold its shapes. haha.... I also remember decorating them with grass and little rocks..And yes, if they were undecorated, I remember tasting them. I know, I know, probably where my love for sweets began.haha.....

Then there were the crayolas. I loved coloring in color books. The brighter the colors, the better. It, of course, didn't stop there. I love the muted look and wiping down the wax from the colors with a tissue. The pictures weren't completely done until I applied that last technique. Well, that and my beloved sinature. I loved thinking I was an artist. I also loved giving away my paintings to anyone who showed an interest, bless them....Ahhh, a Picasso in the making and I didn't even realize it..haha

The playdoh. Now this was a designer's dream. Those little round boxes gave me hours and hours of enjoyment. I designed everything from little boxes to jewelry to animals. A sculptures dream!!!.... I especially like mushing it between my hands before turning out my creations. I tried to keep the containers separate but it would eventually wind up all molded together creating some really unique colors....I can still see the purple tortillas I use to make..didn't taste so great, but they were oh so pretty.............

Where do we get the creativity we are born with. Could it really be that because we are created in His image that is where it really began? I am thinking so, just look around at the creation around us, God was one creative dude!!!! Now next time, you think you have no creativity in you, remember those childhhod years, but especially remember, the creative One who designed you and the world you live in. And don't forget we were created in His Image----a creative dude indeed.......




No comments: