Sunday, January 28, 2007
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
5 THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME
1. I love dark days with a touch of rain..yes, i do..i just love them!!...Whereas,
these types of days usually bring about signs of depression in some, I tend to
thrive in them. As usual, I am backwards!!!
2. At age 6 I sat down at the piano and started playing like I had been playing for years. I play by ear (ok, smart pants, not with my ear, by ear). My dad was a minister at a small church in Raymondville, Texas and they didn't have a pianist. One day while at the church as my dad was working, i sat at the bench and started playing. A definite gift from God (well, when I practiced, my brothers certainly didn't call it a gift) My parents had me take piano lessons, to which my teacher told them I had no talent. Probaby the first kid ever thrown out of music lessons,haha... Well,
here I am some 41 years later and I can rejoice to the Lord through what He gave
me. Hey , who needs talent, right?
3. I am not the mother of a small child..hard to believe, I know!!!.Everyone who hears me talk about my son, Stevie, are always shocked that he is 27 years old, and just die laughing when they find out. To you, I say thanks for thinking I am so young looking!!! hahaha
4. Since I was very young I have been fascinated ( ok, hold on to yourself here) with Winter Texan mobile home parks and living at one...I know, call me crazy, whatever!!! I don't even like camping, but as I have said before, this is not camping... I can't wait until Jim turns 55 (we are just a little over 3 years away) and we can move onto one..It looks like an absolute blast. A party going on every day of the week if you want..PARDY, PARDY, PARDDDYY!!! Woohoo!!!! I am very into tight spaces, no yard work to speak of, lots of friends to choose from, and lots going on...I am a party waiting to happen, I'm told!!!!
5. I hate WALMART....I know hate is a strong word, but I strongly hate Walmart and everything about it.I dislike shopping but if Walmart was all we had to choose from in America, I would literally never go. I probably go once or twice a year and usually I am held captive by someone who "just has to go", to you I say ughhhhhhhhhh......
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Yes, its that time again...the dreaded New Year's Resolution list is now done!!!
Will I stick to it? I am hoping that by publishing it, that I can at least make
a positive attempt at it....here we go.....
1. yes, the ever yearly popular DIET.....I figure I am getting older and I would love to see my feet again while standing upright.
2. Church...I believe Jim and I are resolved on a church and are planning to get started once again. I miss the fellowship with other believers and I know God misses us visiting Him in his house. I long to be in a place where I can worship Him with others.
3. Bible study with Jim...oh how I have missed these..we got into very bad habits when he deployed when the war broke out and never restarted them when he returned home..i have a couple books already picked out just waiting for Jim to give the "OK".
4. Simplify....yes, that is word and I do know what it means...I am so tired of stuff..It not only clutters my home but my mind and beginning this weekend I intend to get rid of one bag of stuff daily for 30 days....
5. Let go of things and people that I can't change. It exhausts me!!!! And besides, once again , i am reminded that God doesn't need my help in this area. Geez, when will I ever learn this lesson...
6. Get caught up on my scrapbooking..I am going to organize all the
photos that are still not in their protective box. I am going to strive for a
minimum of scrapping 200 pages for 2007.
7. There is an issue I want to complete and have vowed to have it done this year. Only a few people know of this--Jim, Steve, Kim, & Connie. My trusted allies...
8. I am going to love the unlovable if it kills them and it may ME!!literally.haha...YOu know there are those people that are in our path that you'd just like to get a super sudsor to get them out of your way, but I know and you know they are there for a reason. I have vowed to love them in spite of ourselves. This is no way is related to #5 though you may think it is. In my mind, and thats all that matters, I have it separated..
9. Promote Jim to King this year. He has been my prince Charming for so long and is so good to me. Secret here, are you listening..(I am saying this in a whisper). Sometimes I take advantage of Jim.. Yes I do, I know, its true, and I am going to treat him like the royalty that he is...He is love of my life and I intend for him to know that every day...I of course , know that it does take 21 days to create a new habit, and I will need to remind him of this..haha
10. Read, I am going to read more often. For crying out loud I work in the library and don't read more than 2 books a year, if that. I am in the process of reading a new book right now and its political, of course.
11. Return sometime soon to the Green's Thursday Group. How have I
let life get in the way? You know when you know you are suppose to be somewhere
but you aren't? I miss this group, who it represents and the what Jim &
Sandy (yes, they have the same names) add to our lives. I need to make this a
12. A trip to Oklahoma City, where it all began for Jim and I. We
have both really been wanting to take a quick trip, visit our friends and
13. I am giving up cable tv. I used to never watch television, but once Jim's deployment came, I was glued to it. I will let you in on a secret--I am a news junkie. I am hoping to start recovering from this during this year. We have already canceled 120 channel and downsized to 40 channels. And the only reason I haven't just dumped cable all together is because I love FOX NEWS and crime tv..there its out in the open...I feel so much better. My plan is that by March 1 I will no longer "need" these shows in my life. I must be weined, I mean afterall, heroin addicts aren't just stripped of their drugs, right?
Any way, here are some of my resolutions. I think these are doable...Well, #1 will be the hardest, lets just be honest. I was doing so good while I had my surgery and then I went back to work and thats all it took...I had been had!!!! Anyway, good luck to all of you and your resolutions and I'll let you know how mine are coming along. A new year, a new beginning and a time to start over...I love new beginnings!!!.....