Wednesday, January 10, 2007

5 THINGS YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT ME

I belong to a Scrapbooking forum and we have a weekly challenge to which I am going to participate in at various times... here are my answers to this weeks challenge....
5 THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME

1. I love dark days with a touch of rain..yes, i do..i just love them!!...Whereas,
these types of days usually bring about signs of depression in some, I tend to
thrive in them. As usual, I am backwards!!!
2. At age 6 I sat down at the piano and started playing like I had been playing for years. I play by ear (ok, smart pants, not with my ear, by ear). My dad was a minister at a small church in Raymondville, Texas and they didn't have a pianist. One day while at the church as my dad was working, i sat at the bench and started playing. A definite gift from God (well, when I practiced, my brothers certainly didn't call it a gift) My parents had me take piano lessons, to which my teacher told them I had no talent. Probaby the first kid ever thrown out of music lessons,haha... Well,
here I am some 41 years later and I can rejoice to the Lord through what He gave
me. Hey , who needs talent, right?
3. I am not the mother of a small child..hard to believe, I know!!!.Everyone who hears me talk about my son, Stevie, are always shocked that he is 27 years old, and just die laughing when they find out. To you, I say thanks for thinking I am so young looking!!! hahaha
4. Since I was very young I have been fascinated ( ok, hold on to yourself here) with Winter Texan mobile home parks and living at one...I know, call me crazy, whatever!!! I don't even like camping, but as I have said before, this is not camping... I can't wait until Jim turns 55 (we are just a little over 3 years away) and we can move onto one..It looks like an absolute blast. A party going on every day of the week if you want..PARDY, PARDY, PARDDDYY!!! Woohoo!!!! I am very into tight spaces, no yard work to speak of, lots of friends to choose from, and lots going on...I am a party waiting to happen, I'm told!!!!
5. I hate WALMART....I know hate is a strong word, but I strongly hate Walmart and everything about it.I dislike shopping but if Walmart was all we had to choose from in America, I would literally never go. I probably go once or twice a year and usually I am held captive by someone who "just has to go", to you I say ughhhhhhhhhh......

No comments: