Monday, May 22, 2006

IT WAS A GREAT DAY!!!!

What a day yesterday was!!!! Jim and I spent the whole day being Aunt Sandi and Uncle Jim...It was nothing less than fabulous!!!! It began with lunch...My nephew Kyle, is currently serving our country in Iraq and his family (wife and 4, yes I said 4, of the most beautiful girls you've ever seen) met us for lunch. We stopped by and picked up my mom, their Great-Grandma and had a fun time at lunch. The girls are leaving soon for their home in Germany. I for one am really going to miss them. My older brother Jim, who died over 20 years ago would have been their grandfather, so they are especially important to us. There is never a dull moment with Megan, Autumn, and Kylie around. Now, Maddy is just over a month old, so she can't even hold her own yet..hahaha...It was wonderful holding that little bundle of joy and oh she smelled sooooooo good...nothing like the smell of a baby....Their Mom's name is Priscilla and today is her birthday,,,,Happy Birthday, Priscilla..I'm waving at you!!!..This is the first time they've been around for any length of time so it has been so great to get to know my brother's granddaughters...He would have been so proud of them...
Then, off to shop for a bit...Anyone who knows me, knows I hate shopping....but my dr. says its ok to venture out just a little bit as long as I don't overdue it...Well, our niece, Kathleen and JP are buying their first home and will start moving this week. Well, until the showers begin, we just had to be a small part of their "special" day. It was such fun and Jim had just as much fun picking things out as I did. Kathleen was the first girl in our family, so to say she is special is an understatement....Ahh, finally I could sit down again...took the "stuff" to Kathleen and she loved it...I am so glad..can't wait to get a picture of them in front of their 1st home..It's so exciting...
Now, as if that wasn't enough, Deven was there yesterday, the whole time....What a treat!!!...2 babies in one afternoon....he is starting to roll over..gosh that brought back memories of Stevie...As we were getting ready to go home, Uncle Steve showed up and took over..We think he's as attached to Deven as we are...haha,,that love thing getscha just when you least expect it...

No comments: