Monday, May 08, 2006

WHY CAN'T I BE QUIET?!!!!

I've been told that I learned to talk at age 2, & since that time have never stopped..My husband is inclined to believe that & at times so am I (I am all about honesty, so I am just stating the facts here, haha). After a procedure in November left my vocal chord damaged, my voice has really changed & I sound like I have a constant cold. And yes, I do get tired of being asked that by everyone, including you,hehehe. The Dr's thought my recoop time from surgery would be a great time to "rest" my vocal chords..Now what does that mean exactly? To stop talking? Well, I can say I have given it my best shot. My voice is stronger than it was, but I don't think its humanly possible for me to stop talking? I mean I have tried for over a month. I spend about 8 hours alone everyday so you'd think that would do it right? Well, you are wrong!! It appears that I not only have an opinion about what you say but even to myself!! haha!!! I am catching myself talking during the day and no one is here. No one, but "ME"...what does that mean exactly? Well, don't answer that, I know what it means.... I must be talking to myself!!! Now, today I have set tomorrow aside as a talk free day..Ok, not from sun up to sun down...only from 8-5. I can't go cold turkey afterall ( I have to work up to it you know), but I really want to give my voice a chance to heal. I liked my voice. I had it for almost 47 years..thats a long time. So, tomorrow, no phones will be answered while the "boyz" are gone. We are praying for a devine intervention because we know thats what it will take. Ah, for once, I realize I can't do something alone...its sinking in.....

1 comment:

Freda Mac said...

Sandi, you crack me up! I talk to myself and "the voices in my head" all day long!
It was great talking to you today!

Freda