Thursday, May 18, 2006

IT'S OFFICIAL

Yep, it finally happened yesterday...Here for over a month now, Jim has been waiting on me hand and foot (and yes, I like it,haha), but he has so much on his plate as I am a full-time job, hummmmhmmmmm,,,,Anyway, decided to help him make lunch yesterday..Jim makes a fabulous soup that no one can go up against...Well, he has made so much of this for my dieting lately that we were out of a few ingredients. Off he went to the store..I thought, wouldn't it be a nice surprise if I cut the meat and veggies up for him so he wouldn't have to..I mean, its almost, and I say almost, embarrassing just sitting on the couch while he runs around getting everything ready for me before he heads to work everyday...I did it..I was going to surprise him...got the knife out...I am very funny about knives...they must be sharpened..I refuse to struggle with them..Where did he put that sharpner...He has totally rearranged the kitchen since he finally admitted that this is his room...ahhh, found it...sharpened that sucker and off i was...had the music turned up, was singing away, and i was feeling really good that I was up on my feet for more than 10 minutes...all of a sudden, I screamed....Why did I do that? Where did it come from? Well, I looked down and realized I cut the tip of my thumb off!!!! When I realized that, I screamed again and of course, the eyes welled up..Jim will be the first to tell you that a knife in my hands always, always ends up in disaster...When we first got married, I was always sporting some sort of cut on my fingers..I don't know what the problem is, probably that royalty thing I was suppose to have been brought up into...hahahaha...I know in my heart of hearts I'm not to be a Cinderella but a Queen.....hahaha....anyway, Jim gets home and immediately tells me to please not help him out anytime it involves a knife..I am to stick to my scissors and paper cutter and away from the kitchen. Well, I never!!!!!! Hey, if thats the way he wants it, then he can have the kitchen and all that comes with it...Now, how do we incorporate kitchen knives into doing the laundry? Sooooryyyyyyy....just a thought..........but for now, I am only going to walk through the kitchen.....it truly is good to be queen......Jim says its his cross to bear..hahaha

No comments: