Monday, May 01, 2006

I AM ON A ROLL.......

Great news on the homefront...I had my post-op appointment with my Dr since my surgery on April 11 and I could hardly wait to get to his office. I was intrested in how my knee is progressing, but I was more anxious to get on the scale. I know, I was shocked at this also. Now usually, I walk clear around the building to keep from coming anywhere near that piece of equipment and if that doesn't work, I try to pretend I don't hear the nurse when they ask me to get up there. I know rude, but hey, why's it their business anyway. I'm there for my knee, you know? But today, I had to stop the nurse and ask for a weight check. YES, I ASKED TO BE WEIGHED. Its true, there is a first for everything, I guess.
Now I started WW 6 weeks ago, and I had lost another 9 lbs since my surgery. That is a total of 23 lbs. Talk about putting a swing in my step!!! This was indeed exciting news. I have finally found a diet that works for me and am motivated for the first time in years. I don't have to count calories, just points..its the easiest thing I've ever done...I just had to share my good news.
Ok, now for the knee. It has healed up wonderfully, thanks to the Great Physican and his assistant, Dr. V. They work so well as a team. God is good....My bend is great so far but I am having trouble with the extension part. I am doing therapy 3 times a week and then on my own for the other 4 days for about 6 hours a day...ughhhhhh...I have graduated today from the walker to the cane..Yeah....baby steps, but I'm getting there!!! Thanks for sharing in my exictement.....

1 comment:

tosin said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! Good for you!

Be proud!!

~toemi~