Wednesday, July 26, 2006

JUST A LITTLE TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE!!!!

PETS.....wow, they bring so much to our lives, don't they? I've been contemplating on getting a new kitty or puppy. Our last pet Sidney was with us for 15 years...We have so many memories of Sid and miss him so much. He was put to sleep about a year ago due to old illnesses and it was one of the hardest things we've ever had to do...this got Jim and I to "remembering" some of our special pets from our 28 year marriage...Over the next few days, because it will take more than one blog, sorry, change channels if you aren't interested in going down memory lane with us, but its my page and I can write what I want..haha...but we have had some great pets....
I am really wanting a new pet and not a fish...fish and I don't do well. They either die from me not knowing what they need or some trip comes up and I am forced to flush them into that big fish tank in the ground...oh, stop it....everyone has flushed a fish at one time or another...and please, do not report me to any animal advocacy group because I'll delete my message and "never remember" writing it..two can play your game..haha.....I wasn't ready to fill Sidney's place in our family because he was irreplaceable and to be honest, since he's been gone, my allergies (except for today, something is going on in the world) are almost non existent, but it almost seems non American to not have a pet...Everyone needs a pet...well, Jim says no, but we'll see!!!!
Anyway, sit back, because over the next few days I am going to introduce you to Max, Elsaphant and Chicken (you'll love this one), Precious (aka as percious, you'll see why!!), Herman, Bandit, Mortimer,Shelby and, of course, our beloved Sidney. When this introduction into our family album is over, you'll either think we have no minds, or have a very strong opinion of whether or not we should be allowed to have pets..hahaha..in our defense, most of these pets were "Steve's" during his growing up years so I can't really take any credit to their names or what they brought into our lives...


Quick update on Jayden our newest nephew..he is in the hospital and is very anemic and has jaundice...Please pray for our little man and his parents, Kathleen and JP...It is hard enough being new parents but especially hard to face something like this when they are so little....

No comments: