Wednesday, July 12, 2006

ITS A GAIN!!!!!!

Well, its a sad day for me to have to report my failur today...Oh my gosh!! I gained 5 lbs over the weekend. I actually weighed in on Monday and had only gained 2 lbs..Well, I got brave and stepped on the scale again today and there was the extra 3 lbs gained...Well, I know, its embarrassing but it is my only gain since i started this weight loss process in March. And to my defense, it is my nieces fault, really. I hate pointing fingers but in this case I think its appropriate. She is due any moment now (with my grand-nephew, Jayden) and her shower was on Saturday....What does this have to do with my weight gain you ask? Well follow along and if you don't want to click the screen off and stay out of my site. Ok, back to Kat (that's my nieces' name aka Kathleen), she is the picky....stay with me here...I was in charge of ordering the cake for her shower...Kathleen wanted a "normal" cake (her words, I mean, what is normal?). Well, she defined that, like a cake we can make home but decoratedreally pretty like a bakery...ok, I had it..I knew just the person...stay with me here.....the cake was ordered, and was it beautiful and here's the problem. It was abnormally too delicious....I did save all my points for that day and of course those extra 35 bonus points but apparently I bonused myself the dessert table way too much..hahaha.....I mean 5 lbs? Thats like a big bag of flour...oh my goodness.....But if you had been there and seen the cake, i mean it just drew you in.....and then when you got in, you couldn't get out...it was great....no, i didn't stop the day of the shower...I went back to visit the next day....and no i didn't go for the cake...I do care about my nieces hahaha, i went to be with them....but there it was, reeling me in again..i ate 2 more pieces...and i admit, they were not small pieces.....How could something so beautiful be so destructive.....so now you know why its Kat's fault..if only we had gotten one of those yucky bakery cakes, I'd be in the minus today and not the plus....I am back on my program and hopefully it'll be gone by the weekend....i can only hope right?....anyway, Kat, I forgive you and please, can we not have a normal cake at the next shower??Thanks.....

1 comment:

Freda Mac said...

Oh no...... but, you can get right back on the program. I know you can do it. Do you think that you "found" the 5 pounds that I lost? Does it work that way? I'm terrified of cake! If I made one, or bought one, I know I'd do the exact same thing. Think of it as Kryptonite! lol. Good luck! Next week will be a loss, just wait and see! Good luck!