Saturday, January 31, 2009

STIMULATING THE ECONOMY

(picture we took several years ago in Indiana on one of our fast trips there)

After all its our duty as Americans to do our part, so we are taking off....
I love holidays & vacation time..I especially love birthdays that are celebrated BIG!!! This year I turn 50. Now I know to some of you that is "getting there" but for me, it is just great that at least I "got there" , haha.

Jim is taking me to see one of my BFF's in Indiana. Its snowing & icing there but I don't care. I get to go and hang out, drink hot chocolate, get pampered, and chat to the wee hours of the night with someone who probably understands me better than I understand myself..scarry---just a bit, haha!!!!

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing Kim & her family, meeting her new friends and shopping....ok, this is HUGE!! I'll let you in on a secret of mine...Kim lives 30 minutes from IKEA and that is a dream trip for me..haha...I know, I don't get out much do I, but my wants are so small haha...anyway, got my list, been shopping online and will come home with organizational stuff for the playroom and hopefully a few surprises for Amy & Steve.

I just finalized the hotel & car rental reservations so now I really feel like I'm going someplace. YEAH!!!!!! We are first headed to Ill. to visit with Jim's family for a few days. That will be great in itself as I love the St Louis area.

Then we will head out to Indiana...depending on the weather (which isn't so great right now) we will head up to the Amish Country (my birthday present). I just love it up there...I mean I just love to gwack..is that ok???? I am just amazed at how these people live in their simplicity...so glad God has never required that of me.... I mean I am allergic to animals, being outdoors, and manual labor just to start with. I love the modern conveniences but there is something so charming about this area and the people.... I did however learn after my last visit there that I was not suppose to take pics of the Amish's faces...yeah whatever, but they make such fabulous pics....thought I'd share with you.... anyhow, I now know the rules and will respect that but am hoping the weather holds out for us...

We are also headed to Louisville to pick up Jim's stuff from Iraq (and can I just say I will be so glad when he has possession of that stuff again, cuz I am so tired of hearing about it, haha) and then back to Ill for another mini visit with Jim's parents before we head home...by that time I will be so happy to be back at our warm spring like weather in south Texas...

Anyhow, got to run get ready for work and then the packing begins...we only have 4 days left..it will fly by, especially since I am working all 4 of them...Anyway, don't know if I'll have access to a computer (not taking the laptop, too much trouble with all we are bringing home) but i will post when I get home..until then....CHOW!!!

No comments: