Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Transition Time

Jim & I made a few changes in our lives recently. This has put him at home---for very long periods of time( did you notice I said long?)...hahaha!!! He has developed new habits that I find so interesting. He loves to watch tv but he especially likes and watches for Martha. You know the blonde entrepreneur who did time in prison??? Jim loves to cook so that part I understand, but he now tries to tell me about the latest crafties Martha does and did I know such and such. If I don't, not to worry, he'll explain it down to the last detail and I should give it a try. He is always snarking about my one & only vice---my soap opera...Now, I don't hound him about Repo man and some of the other stup--ughh I mean programs he watches, but he always talks about how wasteful it is for me to watch the Y&R, then sits down and tells me what Mrs. Chancellor is going to do next and did I notice yesterday when Phyllis was in Paris yada yada yada happened...right, buddy, this is a waste of MY time..haha!!!! He also uses the clothes dryer as an iron..yeah thats right--that 220 volt piece of equipment that sends that meter rotating faster than a roller coaster. Which brings me to the kitchen. He must have never had to do a dish growing up cuz that man uses more dishes (plates, cups, mugs, doesn't matter, he doesn't discriminate) than anyone I've ever seen. If he's having a piece of toast, well forget that a napkin might work, lets bring out the stoneware...If its a holiday and dishes are a bit backed up or in the dishwasher, don't worry, we've got china for that piece of toast. And then there are those phone conversations I have with my friends. He will have nothing to say to me for most of the day UNTIL I dial a number..then he wants to know who I am calling and then proceed to have a conversation with me the whole time I am on the phone..Now don't get me wrong, I love having him around and there is nothing like that smile but doggone it, if this keeps up I'm gonna have to be on medication..haha.....have a fabulous tomorrow!!!

No comments: