Sunday, January 04, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEVEN!!





Have I ever told you how much I enjoy being an aunt? I became an aunt for the very first time when I was 16. I've enjoyed that title since the first time I saw this beautiful little red haired baby, it was definitely love at first sight. And I have to tell you, its even better the next generation around. I have 4 1/2 grand-nieces and 2 grand-nephews. Ah, be still my heart, grand doesn't even begin to describe it, haha!!! The girls are all in Oklahoma courtesy of Uncle Sam (can you tell I am pouting?) and we only get to see them occassionally, though I love them all the same. Then there is 1/2 pint who is due to arrive in late March, early April who is Loralee (and I am sure I misspelled it, but no worry, her mother won't see my blog anyway, haha) and who we can't wait to get here!!! Which brings me to "our boyz". Jayden & Deven. Wow!!! I love boys. I've always said since we could only have one child I am so glad it was a boy. There is nothing like them at all. Being around these two just bring back so many happy memories about Stevie and his growing up years, I think that is probably part of the attachment, besides them being so dang cute!!!
Anyway, lost my train (no pun intendend, but fight so well don'tcha think? wink, wink) of thought for a minute, or the reason of my 2nd blog for the day (yeah thats right 2, count them!!)...It was Deven's 3 rd birthday (and he does know how many fingers he is, he can pull those 3 fingers up if you ask him how old he is). So celebrate we did!!! Grandma Minerva pulled out all the stops complete with a jumping castle (was it castle????) and a real train (ok, a hot fixed up lawnmower, but it looked like one!!..It was a blast. The kids and adults all loved riding in the train and I did too..haha...Aunt Kat enjoyed being the Aunt of the day (come on Kat, now you know why I spoiled Bubba so much, don'tcha ya???? go ahead you can finnnnalllllllllllllllllllllllly admit it, and put those therapy sessions behind you!!!) and bought him the most beautiful cake for his special day. Deven loves all things animals especially those that growl and make noises (ok, jayden shares this as well, haha) so of course this cake had to be spectacular. Kat is our internet shopping queen. She can find and come up with anything as long as she has the internet at her fingers. Check out that cake!!! It was awesome not only in looks but flavorful as well. No HEB or Walmart cakes for her nephew..hhahahah...anyway, enjoy the pics and try not to drool over these boys too much. They won't be available until two thousand, well never. We will never let them go...haha....HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVEN. You are loved by so many!!!

1 comment:

The Stopper Family said...

That cake is AWESOME. You should submit the photo to Cake Wrecks - they show REAL MASTERPIECES on Sundays and that qualifies!