Friday, June 02, 2006

CHANGE, NOT ALWAYS 'A GOOD THING'

Ok, I have great news to report....I am going back to work---6 weeks early...wooohooooo......am I excited? You bet your sweet potato sacks I am!!!! This has been the longest 6 weeks of my life!!!!! I have 3 days left...I will sleep in late for the next two days....

Now there is a slight problem that is going to happen come Monday morning..I forgot to mention to them when I told them I could come back to work on Monday, that 8 am really doesn't work well for me anymore, since sometimes I don't roll out of bed until 11....then, there is the issue of the Y&R that comes on at 11....do you think they'd mind me taking an hour break(because I'll still need my hour lunch break) at that time to keep up with my new addiction? ughhhhh...ahhh, ok I have many new issues now that I didn't have before...someone cooks lunch and dinner for me all the time, and dare I say, serves it to me also (said as I am hiding my face behind my hands and peeking through)...I know, spoiled, but its Jim's fault..Also, my couch...I have grown so used to the right side of the love seat...i sit on one end and my laptop sits in front of me on the other..yes, I surf all day..I am multi-tasked however, as I can do this and watch tv, and IM my friends all at the same time....Another thing, I have only worn shoes about 4 times in the past 6 weeks..I know, hillbilly, go ahead and say it....Who cares!!!!! They have this crazy rule at work that says you must wear shoes...I am a rebel, would it work if I accidentally, on purpose forgot somehow to put them on next Monday? I mean, would anyone really notice? And if they did, would they narc on me? Ughhhh...decisions, decisions....last, but not least is the bra...ughhhh...it has been wonderful to pretend I am a child of the 60's and forget wearing the thing, this is the one thing I'm not sure I can get away with doing without...darn it.....

Well, as if thinking of all of this weren't hard enough, Jim has told me that Monday morning, I have to retire my tiara for 8 hours a day..He said no one is going to care that I need to sleep in,and if I do, I can stay home permanently and can never miss another episode of Y&R (well, the nerve!!!). As for the break, who gets a break, and no one is stupid enough to not only cook lunch for me, but serve it to me and the only reason he does is because we signed a contact 28 years ago...he called himself a fool, hey, what's that about? He also said my couch and computer are not leaving the house, my surfing is going to be replaced with actual exercise, its called walking, and I will wear shoes, because no one wants to look at my feet (why?what's wrong with them, they're cute), and I must wear a bra as it will be an occupational hazard for me to leave home without it...What????
He says I'll trip over myself...some men have a lot of nerve...............oh well, I'm off to shine my tiara because I'm going to make the next 3 days a very long 3 days...hahahaha.......................

1 comment:

Freda Mac said...

I am laughing so hard!!!!! You and I are definately cut from the same cloth.

Freda