Saturday, November 06, 2010

Cinnamon Pecans

What a day!! I am NOT a cook but I love to bake... Jim and I are starting to enjoy fall (I know a little late) but in South Tx fall doesn't usually visit us until the end of Oct and sometimes as late as the end of November.....well it's here...It's beautiful and that bug that makes me want to bake is all stirred up.....

I've had these before and always loved them and wondered why I couldn't make them myself...well there is absolutely no reason why I couldn't....oh my, soooo easy....thought I'd share with ya and since ya live so far and can't just come across the street, here's the recipe I found...one lady came up with adding the extra brown sugar and it is so yummy.....i am sure they are fat free, so enjoy, cuz Jim and I are.....

CINNAMON SUGAR PECANS
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg white
3 cups whole pecans (walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk egg white until frothy and add the nuts. Toss until well coated. Add dry ingredients and stir well.

Spread nuts on a cookie sheet lined with foil, in a single layer.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Cool and store in an airtight container. Can be frozen.


1 comment:

Tina Connolly said...

Yum...they sound great, will have to try this recipe. BTW, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.