Sunday, March 01, 2009

SPRING CLEANING

Aww for some of us it feels like spring....Its been in the 70's and 80's for the past few weeks and today its a brisk 51 degrees..The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and it just feels like its time to clean..My motto is "housework makes you ugly" but reality is if I don't want adult services to come in and take Jim away from me, haha, I must get ugly today....haha.....We made a quick trip to several stores yesterday...we started off getting things ready to wallpaper and we stopped..I needed a few more things...We headed out and got all new sheers for the breakfast room, kitchen, livingroom and hallway...woohoo.....I am so excited except for the fact that Jim has to put miniblinds up in those areas also..I know, I know, so 80's but for some reason Jim has issues that date back to his childhood for whatever reason..He has this thing that people will be looking in the windows...well, I've never seen anyone attempt to do this, but if he'd stop wandering around in his underroos then maybe he wouldn't worry so much about that....at any rate, Jim won the battle...new mini's are going up today and he said he'd hang the curtains as well...well can't really fight with that too much..I do so prefer naked windows though...
I will start wallpapering the kitchen so he can get it painted...Oh, yeah, did I mention this is paintable wallpaper...Don't even mention this to Jim or it will start him off on this....double work, crazy, yada, yada, yeah I've heard it all since about noon yesterday..haha...oh well, I won this battle and thats what counts, we're even..I mean a girls place is in the kitchen right???Ahhh WROOOOOOOOOOOOOONG...but it is her's to decorate any way she wants..haha...I am having way too much fun with all of this....I will post a pic of the kitchen once I get it done hopefully by late tonight...
I am hoping next week that Jim will lay the old laminate floor in the livingroom & hallway.,,,technically its not old but Jim says I can't call it new cuz I bought it when he left for Iraq the first time..when did that war start???? Oh well, yes, its been stacked in the spare room since that time, but I am hoping that since Jim is not working away from home anymore we can get this done....his priorities are so different than mine. Jim is actually such a good sport that I have to poke fun of him every now and then....He's in the kitchen getting everything ready so I can hang..my goal to have it hung by 1 and he can have it painted and we can put it back together by 5 ( yes my fingers are crossed).....I have to give him extra time cuz I will call him at least 100 times to help me with other projects..thank goodness he's patient....
All work has to stop by 5 cuz I have a project or two i need to do to post on my other blog..its been sitting empty over there for quite a while.....Now don't feel too sorry for Jim, cuz when I leave tomorrow I am leaving a gift card on the cabinet by his coffee to go get a pedicure....don't laugh...REAL MEN get peds...and he's got the best lookin male feet around..haha...See you on the flip side....

No comments: