Saturday, February 21, 2009

TEA PARTIES..NOT JUST FOR LITTLE GIRLS!!!


I am still just flying high about my recent trip to the cornfields of Indiana. I love the midwest...wouldn't make a good midwesterner myself, but I love it from the open fields to the antiques to the warm friendly people i have met over the years. As I have said over and over I hit fifty a few weeks ago. Jim took me to see my friend Kim and she and her girls in turn, introduced me to some of their really good and special friends. Let's see,,,,there was Lindsey, Joy, Samantha, Trevor, Stephan, Grace & her parents (sorry, its a known fact if you have children you no longer h ave first names, just known as their parents, therefore I have omitted your names ON PURPOSE, HAHAHA!) and Kay (WOW, what a girl!!!)..I am sure I not only missed a few but totally messed up the spellings of your names....Now I know the only reason Kim & Steve still live in Nowhere, USA....its their friends..They are amazing!!!

Now Kim has always, always made me feel special even during times when I'm not, and I am sure she oversold me to her friends...haha..but who cares..I loved it... Kay made me feel so special on the day before we left Indiana--she threw a tea party and INVITED LIL OL ME!!!!....What a blast that was...She set the table and Joy (her daughter and might I just add she totally fits her name, she is truly a joy and darling as well) folded the napkins just like MARTHA would...the table was darling...We all had our own individual tea pots with tea (well except me, we drink ICED tea in Texas, haha) and she had the best little sandwiches and desserts that were to die for, complete with lemon curd!!!! Oh my..I felt like I had died and gone to the big tea party in the sky.....It was such a lovely morning and Kay, you truly have the gift of hospitality...Thank you for not only sharing your tea sets, your beautiful home and your daughter Joy with me, but it was so clear Jesus is the guest of all that goes on amongst your home. Thanks again for a memorable time in Indiana. I will always remember it and you!!!

No comments: