Saturday, November 04, 2006

WHO IS YOUR AUNT 'REA'

Every family has one, or should....You know, the aunt, when just by the mention of her name brings a smile to your face instantly and brings warmth to your heart....She's the one you can call when you're going to be in "town" and she'll leave light on..Hospitality is her middle name....On the Simpson side of our family, it is our 'Aunt Rea'. I don't know exactly when Marie Simpson Ellis got the name Rea, but I am sure it came from the mouth of one of her first nieces or nephews. She is Marie to everyone else...The name Aunt Rea brings to mind many, many things... It brings memories of the best grape jelly ever to be canned and has made its way to homes all over the U.S. Everyone looks forward to it and secretly hopes she has made a little extra for them to take home in their suitcases. Aunt Rea has the wonderful gift of patience, and, well, lets just say most of us don't have it without medication..haha!!! I've never heard her raise her voice. She is the glue that has kept the Simpson clan tied together for many, many years and family is probably the most important thing to her. I regret living so far and being a homebody (to which I must blame this on her brother, Richard, as I take after him,hehe) because I have not gotten to know her even a fraction of what I would have liked to...I do know that I am warmed by thoughts and memories of her as I am sure everyone that knows her are. I also know, that I strive to be the 'Aunt Rea' in my own neices and nephews lives. She is a wonderful role model and am so happy she belongs to "us".....I love you Aunt Rea..I know I don't tell you have as much as I should and I admire you so very, very much...I love who you are and wish you a blest and Happy, Happy Birthday......Sandra

No comments: