Thursday, April 27, 2006

GETTING THE HANG OF STAYING HOME...

It's now been just a few weeks since I had knee surgery. I can only describe my days as B-O-R-I-N-G!!!! But today is going to be different....I am going to spend my time in between therapy sessions today doing what I love best ----Scrapbooking!!! I should be making the most of my time, don'tcha think? I am a Creative Memories Consultant, so I have a whole room stocked with stickers, colored paper, cutters, etc. that are just sitting there. I have decided I will be "raiding" "the room" today. The room is calling me.
That brings me to the subject of my latest scrapbooking venture. There is only one thing I love more than being a wife and mother and its big and i mean HUGE...I love being an aunt. There is absolutely nothing like it!!! I became an aunt the first time when i was 16 and each niece or nephew is just as exciting. I only have 2 nieces in the mix of all the boys, so you can imagine what i think about them!!! In Dec., my niece Kristyne blessed our family with a beautiful baby boy, Deven. We got the call that Deven was born early, early in the morning and it was all i could do to keep from going up there and introducing myself to the newest member of our family. But I was there, the next day complete with camera in hand. Those pictures are now sitting in front of me and i'm ready to start taking the boring out of my days. Can't wait to see Krissy's face when I give her the baby album!!! Did I mention I love being an aunt?!!!

No comments: